Thank you so much to Sharon from Beauty, for good. for nominating me for The Beauty Blogger Award. I have never been nominated before and I am not even sure I properly understand what it means, but I am excited that Sharon has enjoyed my little blog. It has also been an amazing chance to find lots of new, cruelty-free beauty blogs through her post, so I am extremely thankful for that opportunity too.
- State the name of the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
- Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them
Sharon, Beautyforgood’s questions for me:
- If you were creating your own beauty line, what would you call it?
It has never crossed my mind to start my own beauty line so I really don’t know. Perhaps something like ‘A little bit of beautiful’ to continue my alliteration addiction!
2. What’s your desert island beauty item?
Probably sunscreen. I feel like on a desert island I would be all about water purification tablets and some kind of mosquito net rather than packing beauty products, but sunscreen would be my pick for sure.
3. What’s your vote for most timeless style trend (fashion or beauty)?
I love a pixie haircut. I think this can look SO cool regardless of the fashion or makeup trends that are going on – a pixie cut is a timeless in my book.
4. Which is your favorite work of fiction?
I love the David Eddings series of fantasy books called The Belgariad. My father gave me this series as a young teenager and I loved them so much that I have re-read them many times. Those books are like familiar old friends now. I can open any book on any page and just read because I know them so well.
5. If you could have any benevolent super-power, what would it be and why?
I would love to be able to fly. I have a very deep-seated jealousy of birds and their ability to fly and I would just adore that power. I would want it to be some kind of levitation flight system though because I think that having to deal with wings would get old pretty quickly, but I would LOVE to be able to fly!
6. What is your favorite decade for its makeup looks?
I love the 20’s for timeless style trends. I love the hats, the drop-waist dresses, the beading, the pearls, those severe cropped haircuts and the dramatic makeup. It is feminine but I feel like it was an era where woman’s fashion had real spunk. Everything about it is right up my alley. My wedding attire was very 20’s and I just love it.
7. What is one thing that you’ve never done before, but you’d really like to try?
I have never lived in a country where English wasn’t the first language. I have visited lots of non-english speaking countries but I would love to move to a new country, be immersed in a new language and learn, learn, learn.
8. Tell us your strangest quirk?
I turn everything into a song. Literally. I can sing on any topic and am constantly putting the most mundane topics to popular tunes. My husband says it is like living in a musical. I just can’t help it.
9. What do you aim to achieve through writing your blog?
I am pretty new to makeup in the whole scheme of things and when I started my research into beauty products I found that there was lots of information about makeup from large corporations and lots about makeup that was high-end, but there really didn’t seem to be much that targeted products with the two criteria that I seek: cruelty-free status and budget-friendly status! I started my blog to try and fill that void. I want people to know that there are plenty of affordable brands out there that are cruelty-free and very accessible because they won’t break the bank.
10. If you could see the world from another person’s perspective for the day – who would it be and why?
I work with lots of amazing and talented people who also happen to have Autism. I would love to walk a day in the shoes of a person with Autism, (although I think we are all already somewhere on the spectrum). I think an experience like that would make me a more empathetic, understanding human being as well as (hopefully) a specialist much better placed to offer recommendations and supports that can help people.
I have chosen people that I enjoy to read as well as people that I originally found through their youtube channels!
- The Beauty Musings
- Katya, Meet London
- Leah XL
- Kitsch Snitch
- Little Miss Style Guru
- Humanely Chic
- Cruelty Free Kitty
- Pretty Harmless
My Questions to my nominees:
- What is your favourite meal?
- Out of the places you have visited – where is your favourite holiday destination?
- If you could recommend only one, favourite, cruelty-free makeup item what would it be?
- If you could invite five people to dinner (alive or dead) who would they be and why?
- When you go travelling, what are your must-have beauty items?
- Why did you start your blog?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What makes you laugh the most?
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
- If you could change one thing about the beauty industry, what would it be?