I have been looking for the “perfect” eyebrow pencil so when I saw this new pencil on my local Essence stand I figured it was worth a go. This pencil was part of the Essence ‘Lights of the Orient’ collection but I am hoping that it might stick around in their permanent range!
- It is a retractable pencil which is super convenient.
- The colour is a good match for me for a natural brow look.
- The formula is waxy and quite firm making it easier to control the amount of colour with application pressure. (Not too soft and pigmented leading to an unintended, overly bold brow!)
- The smudging sponge on the end can be removed to reveal a sharpener.
- The tip of the pencil is a bit larger than I would like making it quite blunt and a little bit fiddly for really precise work unless you sharpen it every time before use.
- There were only two shades available in this range. A warm, medium brown shade called ‘sunkissed beauty’ and then the shade I purchased which is more or a taupe colour in ‘oriental beauty’.
- It doesn’t come with a spoolie 😦 Rather, it comes with a ‘smudging sponge’ which is a bit weird and not my preference.
Overall, I really like this product. The firm nature of the formula makes it easy to control and I appreciate the convenience of a mechanical pencil. The thicker tip does make it hard to do individual hair strokes if that is what you need, but the smudging sponge included does suggest that this is designed to block in colour rather than draw on hairs. Plus, this was super affordable and a good colour match for me.
If you see this eyebrow pencil it is certainly worth a try if you can find a colour match for the extremely limited range.
Have a wonderful day!